Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lifesaving Poems

"I was struck by a remark of Seamus Heaney in an interview he gave some years ago now. He was musing on how many poems can affect the life of an individual across that person’s lifetime. Was it ten, he said, twenty, fifty, a hundred, or more? This is the question that has underpinned this pet project of mine since I began it in July 2009.

Since then I have been copying out poems into a plain Moleskine notebook, one at a time, in inky longhand, when the mood took me. Allowing myself no more than one poem per poet, I wanted to see how many poems I could honour with the label ‘lifesaving’."

Anthony Wilson

An amazing collection of poems, a veritable feast:

http://anthonywilsonpoetry.com/2011/06/07/lifesaving-poems-2/

 My moleskine notebook, this blog, life-saving.

1 comment:

Anthony Wilson said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments about my. Blog. I am glad you found it and find it useful. Yours with good wishes
Anthony

Blog Archive