Sunday, February 26, 2012

A walk in the park




















Tree Parichay at Cubbon Park, organized by INTACH (http://www.intach.org/), presented by Karthik, avid birdwatcher and Chief Naturalist at Jungle Lodges and Resorts.

Of rows of mahogany trees breaking into young orange leaves, creaking bamboo groves, majestic silk cotton trees, flowering palaash and frangipani and copper pods and jacaranda, playful migratory gray drongo birds - and squirrels, squirrels everywhere, eating the flowers of Spring, while playful dogs run around in glee, rustling the thick carpet of dry leaves.

Flowering Trees of Bangalore: http://www.wildwanderer.com/journal/?page_id=90

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to interrupt everybody's reading like this.

I wanted to know where you buy/borrow your books from. Besides Flipkart that is. .

Your blog is a part of me.

Asha said...

Thank you so much.

Well, mostly Flipkart, since I discovered it. Other than that, second-hand book shops. Are you from Bangalore? There are many such shops on Church Street. Especially Blossoms. I guess I am lucky, random books I pick up turn out to be great.

I hardly know anyone who reads, or reads the kind of stuff I read, so no one to borrow from. I used to go to Eloor library, haven't been in a while.

Anonymous said...

I get lost in Blossoms and often come out without buying anything. :)

I have this second hand bookstore in Malleshwaram that is stocked with classics. Once I came upon this book of letters between Nehru and Lady Mountbatten. Didn't buy it since I didn't have the money that day.

I never knew Eloor existed. Must visit. :)

Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ0iWPWV-O0

Please do. :)

Rukhiya said...

Thank you for the wonderful link! I love the Pink Poui! :) BTW, wasn't there going to be a spring-walk organized by the National Gallery of Modern Art? I missed it :(

Asha said...

Glad you liked it, Rukhiya :) Yes, there was a walk at NGMA, but did not like it as much as this one. Too many people.

Blog Archive